The Jive Texas User Group met for a second time on December 5th in Austin at the stunning downtown offices of Premiere Global (PGi). Hosted by PGi’s Cora Rodenbusch and FG SQUARED’s Steve Golab, the meeting was a tremendous success, and the second of many to come.
The meeting was attended by 27 people from 12 different companies and 6 different cities. The agenda was centered around a feature entitled “Help a Member Out,” during which we put a spotlight on a few of our members (and the current challenges they are facing with their communities) and brainstormed how we can help the member succeed in their current endeavors. The plan is to continue with this feature moving forward – at each meeting we’ll put the spotlight on a few different members and we’ll rotate through our ranks until each one of us is a roaring success!
Following are the details of the agenda:
1:30 – 2:00 Gathering / networking prior to the meeting.
2:00 – 2:10 Welcome and meeting overview. Identify a notekeeper.
2:10 – 2:20 Member introductions
2:20 – 2:45 Help a Member Out: Cleaning up a Community featuring Heather Foeh from Eloqua
2:45 – 3:10 Help a Member Out: Upgrading to Jive 6 featuring Vu Doan from National Instruments
3:10 – 3:35 Spotlight on technology – PGi iMeet demo
3:35 – 3:50 Meeting evaluation
3:50 – 4:00 Next Steps:
- Share copies of Engagement Study presented by Susan Scrupski at the least meeting
- Discuss Timing and Location for Q1 2013 Meeting
- Solicit volunteers for Q1 2013 Help a Member Out sessions
- Gauge interest in Ryan Rutan’s informal gatherings on semi-monthly or monthly basis
- Gauge interest in Spotlight on Technology for the next meeting: examples – Brightcove, Bunchball, Salesforce, Goshido, Jive Analytics, Virtual Conference
4:00 – 5:30 Informal happy hour and networking at Annie’s at 319 Congress Avenue
Results of the Meeting Evaluation Next Steps Discussions included:
- Next location – SolarWinds during the 3rd or 4th week of March
- Help a Member Out Volunteers – Dachis Group
- Ryan to post informal gatherings inside the User Group
- Cora to create poll inside the user group community for spotlight on technology
- Member Input – What were the best ideas to come out of SXSW?
We hope you’ll consider joining us for the next meeting in March, 2013!